Today Recipes | Today’s Best Pesto Recipe without Nuts – Wonderful recipe. My brother is allergic to nuts so I was searching around for alternatives and tried this and it was so good – winning us all over. Tangy and delicious. Enjoy!
Today’s Best Pesto Recipe without Nuts
SERVING: 1 cup
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 5 Minutes
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Splash of fresh lemon juice, more or less according to your taste buds
- About ½ cup olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the garlic until it is minced. This can be done by hand or in the blender.
- Add in the basil and cheese and start to the blender. Slowly add in the olive oil while the machine is running. If you cannot add from the top of your blender, add a little at a time. Blend until smooth.
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately or freeze. These are great to prepare ahead.
Note-if you like a thinner pesto you can add a little more olive oil.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Today’s Best Pesto Recipe without Nuts, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.