Thin Boneless Pork Chop Recipe
Today Recipes | Thin Boneless Pork Chop Recipe – I made this tonight and everyone loved it! I shopped for really fresh ripe fruit and tomatoes from the farmers market and used a little more lime juice than the recipe called for. I also just cooked my meat inside on a cast iron grill and it stayed very moist. Will make this again! Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 fresh jalapeno or serrano chile pepper, halved and seeded*
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces boneless pork loin chops
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco (1 ounce)
Try this too: Easy Chili’s Guacamole Recipe
- In a covered large saucepan cook tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a large amount of boiling water about 8 minutes or until tomatillos turn light green. Drain.
- In a blender combine the tomatillo mixture, cilantro, pepitas, honey, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Trim excess fat from pork chops. Sprinkle chops with additional salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the tomatillo mixture to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in the centers (145 degrees F).
- Let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with queso fresco to serve.
Tip: Because Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with Chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Thin Boneless Pork Chop Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.