todayrecipes.us | Wow, I was scared to try this Spaghetti Squash Dessert, but I’m SO glad I did. It was so good. My mother in law and husband couldn’t believe there wasn’t any coconut in it! It did take a bit longer to cook and when I finally pulled it out after 45 minutes (and my oven runs HOT) it still didn’t allow a knife to come out clean, but it was still great. When it’s long and stringy, it’s tough to cut each piece. It is good either warm or cooled, however we liked it better warm. Thanks for the interesting new recipe!
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 1 small (2 lb.) spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz part-skim mozzarella, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Try this too: Easy Crispy Waffle Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce the squash in a few places with a fork and microwave for 1 minute, to slightly soften.
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise. Place it on a sturdy cutting board, and work very carefully. First slice off the stem end of the squash, then stand the squash upright on this flat end and carefully use your knife to slice it in half.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds and pulp.
- Place the squash halves, cut side down, in a 9 X 13 baking dish. Add enough water to come ½ inch up the sides of the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Turn over (carefully, the pan and water will be very hot and hot steam will escape) and check to see if done by piercing with a fork. If done, spaghetti squash will be soft and easily pierced. If not done, cover again and bake on the second side 15 more minutes, until very tender. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool until easier to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil.
- Rake a fork back and forth across the squash to remove its flesh in strands, transferring the strands to a bowl. Work gently, so that the shell remains intact. You should get about 13-14 oz of cooked strands.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and 3 oz of the cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff the mixture back into the empty shells. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and with the Parmesan.
- Broil 3-5 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve immediately.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Spaghetti Squash Dessert Recipes, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Variation: for a pizza-inspired flavor, mix the cooked spaghetti squash strands with 1 cup marinara sauce, 3 oz mozzarella, and 2 oz sliced Spanish chorizo or fully cooked sausage. Divide among the shells, top with 1 oz mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan and broil.
Read More: Pan Fried Pork Chop Recipes