Today Recipes | Simple Copycat Famous Dave’s Cornbread Muffin Recipe – This was probably your fifth copycat recipe I needed tried for Famous Dave’s amazing Cornbread Muffins. You used a cake mix, one used stone-ground cornmeal and another even used Mayonnaise. None came even at the genuine article, but I enjoy the actual muffins a great deal of, that even with a great number of failed attempts, I’d been still willing to attempt another. I even had such high hopes in this recipe that Simply put i went to dinner at Famous Daves and ordered another half dozen with the muffins to accumulate, so I could truthfully compare these side by side.
Well, my first attempt at this recipe proved dry, but the flavor was close that I could again. My 2nd attempt, I produced few minor adjustments and wound up with an exceptionally very yummy and moist muffin that is probably the nearest you could potentially come to actual intercourse! The most significant difference could be that the real muffins domed at the summit and mine were more flat, but the rest really was really close! Enjoy!
Simple Copycat Famous Dave’s Cornbread Muffin Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Butter, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 16 liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, shortening and vanilla using an electric mixer. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir. Add in milk, vegetable oil, and honey. Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full and bake for 18-20 minutes (watch for the tops to turn or until golden).
- Remove from oven and top each muffin with butter while they are hot so that the butter can melt and sink into the muffin.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Simple Copycat Famous Dave’s Cornbread Muffin Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- Copycat Famous Daves Cornbread Muffins
- famous day corn bread mix pancakes
- most popular famous daves corn bread muffin recipe