Today Recipes | Simple Banana Bread Recipe with 2 Bananas – I have to say that if the bread seems dry and dense, chances are you stirred it too much, which is easy to do without even thinking about it. With sweet breads and muffins, you should always just stir to moisten. Never over-do it or else you will end up with a drier and denser bread or muffin. Enjoy!
Simple Banana Bread Recipe with 2 Bananas
SERVING: 1 Loaf
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 1 Hour
- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, heavily speckled or even black bananas are best
- 8 tablespoons (115 grams or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped, optional
- Center a rack in the oven and heat to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8 1/2-inch-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Place the pan on an insulated baking sheet or on two regular baking sheets stacked on top of the other.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together, set aside. In the bottom of a medium bowl, mash bananas into a chunky paste. Whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla into the bananas until blended.
- Switch to a large rubber spatula. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Bake Banana Bread
- Pour batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake 55 to 75 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. After 30 minutes in the oven, check the bread for color. If it looks like it is browning too quickly, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- When the bread is done, transfer it, in the pan, to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Unmold the bread and place right side up on the rack. Cool completely.
- It’s best to wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature overnight or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. (Since it’s just the two of us, we store in the refrigerator then when we want a slice we’ll give it a couple minutes in our toaster oven to warm up).
- We use kosher salt. If you don’t have it on hand, keep this in mind: 1 teaspoon fine sea or table salt = about 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Simple Banana Bread Recipe with 2 Bananas, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- banana bread using 2 bananas
- banana bread using 2 bananas recipe
- banana bread 2 bananas
- easy recipe for banana bread with 2 bananas
- 2 banana bread recipe
- banana bread recipe 2 bananas
- recipe for banana bread with 2 bananas
- two bananas banana bread
- the best and easiest banana bread with 2 bananas
- what to use in place of bananas in banana bread