Today Recipes | Simple Authentic Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe – I made this for Thanksgiving! It was such a hit I am glad I saved some for myself. The flavor, the texture, everything about this soup is sublime. A keeper? Oh yes, that’s a no brainer! My favorite dish!! It is delicious and easy to follow the recipe. I and my family are vegan and we invite friends over and everyone wanted the recipe because it was just so good. Enjoy!
Simple Authentic Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
25 Minutes 1 Hours 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter (vegan substitute: vegetable spread, like Earth Balance)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz mushrooms (cremini or white button mushrooms, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter (vegan substitute: vegetable spread, like Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (vegan: use soy or hemp milk)
- 2 cups beef broth (vegan: use vegetable broth)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Note: You cannot taste the soy sauce in this but it’s just enough to contribute a wonderful “umami effect” that you’ll love!)
- ½ cup sour cream (vegan: use vegan sour cream)
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Extra sour cream, for garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in small pan. Saute the onions until translucent and just barely beginning to brown. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until the mushrooms release their juices. Add the paprika, dill, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and stir in the flour, constantly whisking for several minutes until the mixture is a rich, caramelized brown. Add the milk, broth, and soy sauce, still whisking until the mixture is smooth. Add the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sour cream, simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve immediately with chopped parsley. Add a dollop of sour cream to each bowl if desired.
- Served with crusty bread.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Simple Authentic Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- authentic hungarian mushroom soup