Today Recipes | Salmon and Broccoli Quiche Mary Berry Recipe – A whole new tasty pastry lends a welcome nuttiness to this quiche, chiming well with the extra cheese within. You can make this easy marginally healthier if you like, by replacing the cream with milk, but I’m not sure that shaving those few extra calories off is worth the trouble. Just enjoy with a fresh new green salad, and rest assured that it’s a good deal less fattening than the more common, bacon-laden Quiche Lorraine. Enjoy!
If you want to make other recipe but with broccoli ingredient. You can try this Best Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe that I posted a month ago.
Salmon and Broccoli Quiche Mary Berry Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 40 Minutes
- 300g boneless and skinless salmon fillet
- 90g tenderstem broccoli
- 300ml double cream
- 4 large free range eggs
- 320g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 80g grated mature cheddar
- Blind bake your pastry case. Roll out your pastry into a large enough circle to line your tart dish but with some additional pastry rolling over the sides just in case of shrinkage. This is based on a 25cm dish.
- Lightly butter the dish and very gently lower your pastry in, lifting and easing it down into the base corners. Be careful not to stretch or tear it or your filling will leak. If there are any holes, place a piece of excess pastry over them.
- Set the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6. You will need a baking sheet – this helps to avoid your tart developing a soggy pastry bottom. Put the sheet in the oven to get hot.
- Line your pastry case with baking parchment, and fill the parchment with baking beans. Put the tart dish onto the hot baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the parchment and beans, and put back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove it and set aside, and turn your oven down to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Chop and blanch the broccoli (drop into boiling water for 1 minute then put into a bowl of iced water to stop it cooking further).
- Bake your salmon fillets. Wrap in aluminum foil, squeeze over some lemon juice and crush over some sea salt and black pepper, then close the foil package so the fish steams. It will take 15 minutes in the oven set to 180.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together with sea salt and pepper to season.
- Trim any excess pastry from the pastry case. Break your salmon into pieces, then arrange in the case, along with the broccoli. Pour over the egg and cream mix, then top with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and the cheese is turning golden.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Salmon and Broccoli Quiche Mary Berry Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- salmon quiche recipe mary berry
- salmon quiche mary berry
- salmon and broccoli quiche
- salmon & broccoli quiche
- quiche lorraine recipe mary berry
- salmon broccoli quiche
- mary berry salmon and broccoli quiche
- salmon and broccoli quiche recipe
- berry mary salmon quiche
- mary berry quiche recipes