Potato Ground Beef Recipe
Today Recipes | Potato Ground Beef Recipe – I cut this recipe in half and still had enough for six servings. I have no idea why others called it greasy unless they didn’t drain the fat off the ground beef. Also I used the sirloin beef which has less fat. I found it a little on the dry side but still was a winner and would make it again. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 60 Minutes
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 6 medium white potatoes (2 1/2 lb), peeled, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in thyme.
- Stir milk into onion mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted.
- Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over potatoes. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer or until top is brown and bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Tips: Use frozen chopped onions, and purchase already-shredded cheese.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Potato Ground Beef Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.