Homemade Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
Today Recipes | Homemade Mozzarella Sticks Recipe – It is too bad that I cannot rate them higher than a five star! I have been trying to find a mozzarella cheese stick that did not have an over-powering spice mix flavor. Now that I have, I will ONLY make this recipe for my cheese sticks. What a shame that my son was sick on the day that I made them, I had to eat them all on my own first.
Superb! I dipped them in egg first before the flour to help it stick better, and then continued as written. I got them thoroughly frozen before cooking, and they did not leak at all! They had a lovely thick golden crust and were just yummy. So easy and very good Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
25 Minutes 40 Minutes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup jarred pizza sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
Try this too: Thin Boneless Pork Chop Recipe
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Freeze before frying.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Homemade Mozzarella Sticks Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.