Today Recipes | Homemade Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe – Wow – Can’t believe this was so great. I made these for my daughter’s Baby Shower. I’d never cooked much with Curry, so I decided to brush my chicken breasts in olive oil and curry and bake for about 20+- minutes. I also added only a little extra to the salad after tasting it, but the next occasion I think I will go straight with the recipe and mix directly set for more flavor, alongside adding a bit of mayo to the bread whilst the bread i used was somewhat on the dryer side. Will certainly get this again and I acquired compliments. Enjoy!
Homemade Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 35 Minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 to 6 scallions, sliced
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of bread or 4 buns Arugula,
- alfalfa sprouts, sliced
- tomato and pickles, for serving (optional)
- In a large pot, cover the chicken breasts with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the water and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, soy sauce, curry powder and chile powder. Stir in the chicken and scallions. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Assemble the sandwiches with your choice of bread, chicken salad mixture and toppings.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Homemade Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.