Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Today Recipes | Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe – Excellent! I scaled this down for 3 servings and ended up using 3 eggs as well as 2 cups of bread crumbs. I made my own “Italian” version by adding garlic powder, oregano, 2 tbs parmesan, salt, pepper and paprika. I followed some of the reviewer’s advice and baked the eggplant for 10 minutes on each side. I recommend everyone do this as the eggplant was just cooked. I also sliced the eggplant to 1/4 inch slices as we don’t like them too thin. My brother gave this a 10 out of a 5.
For those of you, whose eggplant sticks to the pan without oiling your baking sheet, try parchment paper. IT’S EXCELLENT! You don’t have to use anything to grease your pans and nothing sticks. You can also reuse it. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
25 Minutes 35 Minutes
- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Try this too: Easy Salmon Broccoli Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Tips: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- healthy eggplant parmesan recipes