Today Recipes | Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce Meatball Recipe – They are amazing. I’ve built them into a number of times. We used grape jelly initially, although the 2nd time I went with elderberry jelly since it just isn’t as sweet as the grape. That had been amazing as well. I realize elderberry jelly isn’t easy to research, but if you possibly could get your hands on some it’s worth a try. Enjoy!
Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce Meatball Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 2 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (for frying the meatballs)
- 10 ounces grape jelly
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Using a strong spatula or your hands (I like to wear latex gloves), mix well. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls (you should have around 48 total).
- To fry the meatballs:
- Heat vegetable shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the meatballs in batches until browned on all sides and the meatballs are cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per batch (an internal thermometer should read 155 degrees for 15 seconds). Add more shortening between batches if the skillet looks dry.
- To bake the meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a rack on top. Arrange meatballs on rack and bake until browned with crispy edges, about 20 minutes (an internal thermometer should read 155 degrees for 15 seconds).
- To sauce the meatballs in a slow cooker:
- Transfer browned meatballs to the crockpot. Add grape jelly and chili sauce. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours on HIGH or 4 to 6 hours on LOW, until the sauce is hot. Serve directly from the crockpot with a serving spoon or toothpicks, or transfer to a serving dish.
- To sauce the meatballs on the stovetop:
- Transfer browned meatballs to a pot. Add grape jelly and chili sauce. Cover and simmer over medium heat until the sauce is hot, about 10 minutes.
- To freeze the meatballs (without sauce):
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, not touching. Freeze until solid, about 1 hour, then transfer to a freezer-safe container and store up to 1 month in advance.
- The homemade meatballs can be fried ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Simply reheat in the crockpot with the sauce. Or, make the entire recipe ahead of time, refrigerate overnight, and reheat in the crockpot before serving.
- 48 store-bought meatballs may be substituted for the homemade meatballs. Simply add the frozen meatballs straight to the crockpot with the grape jelly and chili sauce, and cook until heated through.
- Sweet chili sauce may be substituted for regular chili sauce. The flavor will be a little different but still delicious!
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce Meatball Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce 5 pounds
- meatball sauce recipe onion ketchup soy sauce
- meatloaf with grape jelly recipe