Today Recipes | Easy Zucchini Ravioli Recipe – Have you ever tried making zucchini at home? Rolling out of own pasta dough, crimping the perimeters, trying to make it look as simple as Mario Batali does on TV? It’s rarely been so easy in my situation, especially with gluten-free pasta. Zucchini Ravioli does make simple to use though! Plus it is a beautiful dish, looks pretty fancy if it’s actually an easy task to make.
I waited to mention this recipe, originally earned in our kitchen way last February, until the bumper crop of zucchini hit the Midwest. Friends are sharing photos on Facebook of huge zucchini harvests already. Everyone is looking to get new ways to use zucchini. Zucchini ravioli is a wonderful way to utilize zucchini in a very dish that’s quick for making with few ingredients.
Easy Zucchini Ravioli Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 c. ricotta
- 1/2 c. finely grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. marinara
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Make the Noodles: Slice two sides of each zucchini lengthwise to create two flat sides. Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin flat strips, peeling until you reach the center. These are your “noodles.”
- Make the Filling: In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg and 2 tablespoons basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the Ravioli: Lay two strips of zucchini noodles so that they overlap lengthwise. Lay two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips. You should end up with a “T” shape. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the zucchini. Bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center, working one side at a time. Turn the ravioli over and place in the baking dish seam-side down. Repeat with remaining zucchini and filling. Pour marinara around the zucchini and top ravioli with mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini noodles are “al dente” and the cheese is melted and starting to brown on top; 25 to 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining basil and Parmesan and serve.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Zucchini Ravioli Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.