Today Recipes | Easy Vegetarian Chili Crock Pot Recipe – I made this last night for a potluck and didn’t have time to use crock pot so I simmered on the stove for about an hour (sauteeing the onions and garlic in a little olive oil). Delicious. I don’t like lima beans so I added frozen corn and chopped up two carrots into chunks as well. I didn’t have hot sauce on hand but used the 1 tablespoon of canned jalapenos, which added quite enough heat. Used shredded cheddar cheese as well. Used whole wheat couscous for a very healthy and delicious meal! Enjoy!
Easy Vegetarian Chili Crock Pot Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 6 Hour
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans or regular lima beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno (from can or jar)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano or regular oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the couscous, shredded cheese, cilantro and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Five to 10 minutes before serving (depending on temperature of slow cooker) add couscous, cover and cook, until couscous is tender. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Just before serving, top each serving with shredded cheese and cilantro.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Vegetarian Chili Crock Pot Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- crock pot vegetarian chili recipes easy