Today Recipes | Easy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe Jamie Oliver – Definitely, this is among the best turkey meatloaves we’ve ever tasted. Even weighing in much lighter than an old-fashioned meatloaf with regard to calories and fat, this rendition is exceptionally succulent due to the addition of chicken broth. Utilizing 97% lean turkey is the key to keeping this recipe low-calorie and low in fat (especially in saturated fat); however, you can certainly use ground turkey with a higher fat percentage or another ground meat entirely, like ground chicken or pork, in the event that’s everything you dress in hand. Any leftovers are good for sandwiches. Enjoy!
Easy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe Jamie Oliver
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 3/4 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and very finely chopped in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs (from 2 slices firm white sandwich bread)
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1 whole large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey (mix of dark and light meat)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Add carrot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and they are very tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and 3 tablespoons ketchup, then transfer vegetables to a large bowl and cool.
- Stir together bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg and egg white, then add to vegetables. Add turkey and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to vegetable mixture and mix well with your hands. (Mixture will be very moist.)
- Form into a 9- by 5-inch oval loaf in a lightly oiled 13- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan and brush meatloaf evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup. Bake in middle of oven until thermometer inserted into meatloaf registers 170°F, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let meatloaf stand 5 minutes before serving.
Each serving (not including sauce) contains about 230 calories and 9 grams fat.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe Jamie Oliver, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- jamie oliver meatloaf
- meat loaf Jamie Oliver
- turkey meatloaf recipe
- turkey meatloaf recipe easy
- Jamie Olivers meatloaf
- easy turkey meatloaf recipe
- jamie oliver meatloaf recipe
- turkey meatloaf recipe jamie oliver
- turkey loaf recipe
- recipe for turkey meatloaf easy