Today Recipes | Easy Tortilla Crusted Tilapia Recipe with Sriracha Mayo – I can confess I had been dubious relating to this recipe. I am a little fearful of breading and frying fish, along with the recipe just seemed too simple: Just tortilla chips, pepper, and eggs? Really ?
Well, I had been wrong, and I would have known better than to doubt Katie’s good style of recipes. This has been literally a 10-minute recipe, following the mayo was finished. I crushed the chips, dipped the fish, and then fried. Simple, as well as tasty! The corn chips added a salty, toasty dimension towards the otherwise bland fish. Normally the one note I might add is the cooking time could considerably shorter if your fish fillets, like mine, are usually small. I only needed in order to smoke each for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
This has been this simple and easy, tasty dinner — it solved the problem conquer my fears of frying fish Enjoy!
Easy Tortilla Crusted Tilapia Recipe with Sriracha Mayo
Preparation time Cook time
- Minutes 35 Minutes
For the fish:
- 10 to 13 ounces (1 bag) tortilla chips
- 4 tilapia fillets (8 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable, olive, or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Sriracha mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, or more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- To make the mayo: In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. This can be made up to four days ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator.
- To make the fish: Place the chips in a food processor and pulse until they are finely crushed, but not ground to a powder; you still want a bit of texture. You can also place them in a large sturdy zip-top bag and use a rolling pin, a bottle of wine, or some other heavy item to gently whack away at the bag until the tortillas are well-crushed.
- Cut each fillet vertically down the middle (you will see a dividing line). Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a wide shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the pepper. In another wide shallow bowl, place the tortilla crumbs.
- Dredge each filet — starting with the larger, thicker halves — in the egg mixture, making sure each piece is completely coated. Then dredge in the tortilla crumbs, making sure each piece is well-coated.
- When the oil is hot, add the four thicker fillets and cook until the outside is golden-brown and the fish is cooked throughout, adjusting the heat as necessary, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Heat the remaining oil and cook the smaller fillets, which will probably cook slightly faster than the thicker fillets. Drain those on paper towels as well.
- Serve hot with the Sriracha mayo.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Tortilla Crusted Tilapia Recipe with Sriracha Mayo, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.