Today Recipes | Easy Today Recipes Apple Tart – It is a wonderful addition to my french inspired recipes. Made this around special occasions for my relatives who frequently journey to France. These were overly impressed because of this dessert, and experienced many opulent dishes and desserts on his or her travels. Easy recipe for those who abide by it precisely. Used a blender to make dough, which saved lots of time. Just make sure you bake these and serve them within 10 minutes of taken from the oven, and will taste like heaven! Enjoy!
Easy Today Recipes Apple Tart
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 2 Hours
For the pastry:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup ice water
For the apples:
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, small diced
- 1/2 cup apricot jelly or warm sieved apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons Calvados, rum, or water
- For the pastry, place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse for a few seconds to combine. Add the butter and pulse 10 to 12 times, until the butter is in small bits the size of peas. With the motor running, pour the ice water down the feed tube and pulse just until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a floured board and knead quickly into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough slightly larger than 10 by 14-inches. Using a ruler and a small knife, trim the edges. Place the dough on the prepared sheet pan and refrigerate while you prepare the apples.
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Remove the stems and cores with a sharp knife and a melon baller. Slice the apples crosswise in 1/4-inch thick slices. Place overlapping slices of apples diagonally down the middle of the tart and continue making diagonal rows on both sides of the first row until the pastry is covered with apple slices. (I tend not to use the apple ends in order to make the arrangement beautiful.) Sprinkle with the full 1/2 cup of sugar and dot with the butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the pastry is browned and the edges of the apples start to brown. Rotate the pan once during cooking. If the pastry puffs up in one area, cut a little slit with a knife to let the air out. Don’t worry! The apple juices will burn in the pan but the tart will be fine! When the tart’s done, heat the apricot jelly together with the Calvados and brush the apples and the pastry completely with the jelly mixture. Loosen the tart with a metal spatula so it doesn’t stick to the paper. Allow to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Today Recipes Apple Tart, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- today show recipes
- 3rd hour today show recipes
- wendy williams recipe for today
- today 3rd hour recipes
- today show 3rd hour recipes
- wendy williams show recipes today
- wendyshow com/recipe
- wendy williams recipes today
- 3rd hour today show
- today third hour show recipes