Today Recipes | Easy Sweet Toast Recipe without Eggs – I was out of eggs, but really wanted Epic toast. I came across your recipe and made it with some addon tips laer (added a splash of cream for the lusciousness that egg yolks offer, a teaspoon of sugar, and I only had french bread on hand) and it was amazing. I think I might like it better than regular French toast. The outside is so crisp, the inside is so custardy. I don’t miss the eggs in it at all. Enjoy!
Easy Sweet Toast Recipe without Eggs
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or other extract)
- 2 slices thick white bread (see notes below)
- 4 teaspoons salted butter
- 2 strawberries, sliced (or any other preferred fruit)
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat a nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Combine the milk, cornstarch, and vanilla in a large shallow saucepan, and whisk until everything is combined and the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Place one slice of bread face down in the milk mixture. After a few seconds, flip the bread over so that the other side soaks in the milk mixture for a few seconds.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the butter to the heated pan (it should start to fry).
- Immediately place the soaked bread in the pan, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown (be sure to not move the bread while it is cooking).
- Carefully pick the bread up with a wide spatula, add another 1 teaspoon butter to the pan (it should instantly fry), and flip the bread to brown the other side. Repeat with the other slice of bread.
- Top with some strawberries, maple syrup, and powdered sugar. Serve hot and enjoy!
Notes: Try to avoid generic white sandwich bread. The bread needs to be able to hold the liquid mixture and therefore cannot be too soft or thinly sliced (otherwise it may not hold up while cooking). For best results, use white bread, but this recipe also tastes great with whole wheat bread.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Sweet Toast Recipe without Eggs, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.