Today Recipes | Easy Swedish Meatball Crockpot Recipe – This was excellent! My whole family, including a picky toddler enjoyed it. I used a Kitchen aid mixer to mix the meatballs. I also forgot to add the sour cream, but we didn’t miss it and would do it the same next time. I used half ground beef and half ground pork. Quick and easy! Enjoy!
Easy Swedish Meatball Crockpot Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lingonberry or red currant jelly, optional
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the pork, turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, allspice, onion powder, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a large bowl. Mix the meat with your hands until the mixture is uniform in color and texture. Scoop level tablespoonfuls, and roll them into balls; place them in a single layer in the slow cooker. When the bottom of the cooker is covered, add a second layer, starting on the outer edge. (The outside of the cooker is hotter; meatballs on the edge will cook more quickly than those in the center.) Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rub the butter and flour together in a small bowl to make a smooth paste (which will be used to thicken the sauce). Pinch off 1/2-inch balls, and set on a small plate.
- Transfer the meatballs with a slotted spoon from the slow cooker to a large bowl, leaving the cooking liquid in the pot. (You should have about 1 1/2 cups liquid.) When removing the meatballs, start from the outer edges and scoop carefully. Some may be stuck together; gentle coaxing with the spoon will separate them.
- Whisk the butter-flour paste into the cooking liquid, 1 or 2 balls at a time, to incorporate. Whisk in the sour cream and jelly, if using. Return the meatballs to the slow cooker, and stir with the spoon to coat. Cook on high, uncovered, until the sauce is thickened, 30 minutes. Adjust the setting to keep warm, sprinkle the meatballs with the parsley and serve.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Swedish Meatball Crockpot Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- beef stew recipe patti labelle
- patti labele spaghetti recipes with ground beef meatballs
- patti labelle spaghetti recipes
- pattie labelle receipe for spaghetti and meatballs
- patty labells spaghetti sauce
- receipe for pattie labelle meat sauce and spaghetti and meatballs