Today Recipes | Easy Spicy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe – I thought this was really good and it received great feedback from the rest of my “eaters”. I started out with half the amount of chipotles and after tasting decided to go with the full amount. It was not too spicy for any of us, but I suppose this could also depend on the size of peppers you use. I used 96% lean ground beef and my mixture turned out a bit dry. I think the recipe could use a little more liquid which is a very easy fix. I topped with tomatoes, sour cream and cheese but was really wishing from some salsa to put on top. Tip: If you don’t want to dirty your blender, put your peppers and water in a large measuring cup and use an immersion blender. Enjoy!
Easy Spicy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound 93% lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 8 corn tostadas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 (8.5-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until golden. Add chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and oregano; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sirloin; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add stock and salt; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat. Divide beef mixture evenly among tostadas; top evenly with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Combine rice, cilantro, and juice in a medium bowl. Serve with tostadas.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Spicy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- lagsana recipe on a budget