Easy Spicy Baby Eggplant Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Spicy Baby Eggplant Recipe – I added Italian seasoning with the mix and feta cheese after roasting. Amazingly delicious!! A delicious classic similar to the peperonata from Sicily. I used fresh basil and oregano instead of salt and pepper. This was a treat at my in laws every Sunday and I still make it weekly. The leftovers are happily tossed with penne pasta or put inside a risotto the next day and I think my family loves it more for the leftovers! Serve this with crusty Italian bread to sop up the juice! Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder or sweet smoked paprika, plus more for serving
- 1½ pounds Indian eggplants (about 12)
- Kosher salt
- Raita and coarsely chopped cilantro (for serving)
Try this too: Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- Mix ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, 2 Tbsp. oil, and 1 tsp. chili powder in a small bowl.
- Quarter eggplants lengthwise through rounded bottom, stopping ½” short of the stem. Gently pry quarters open without detaching flesh from stem; season with salt. Spoon spice mix into each eggplant, making sure inside flesh is coated.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium-high. Cook eggplants in a single layer, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, 8–10 minutes total. Reduce heat to low and add ¼ cup water. Cover and cook, turning eggplants halfway through, until tender, 12–16 minutes.
- Spoon raita on a platter. Arrange eggplants over, then top with cilantro. Sprinkle with more chili powder and drizzle with oil.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Spicy Baby Eggplant Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.