Today Recipes | Easy Spanish Beef Stew Recipe – This is a fabulous stew and was perfect for serving during the Blizzard of 2016! I. My Roommates couldn’t stop raving about how delicious this stew is and thought it was a great departure from ordinary stew. Enjoy!
Easy Spanish Beef Stew Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 2 Hours
- 13 ounces/375 g carrots
- 1 yellow onion (medium or large)
- 2 cloves garlic (large)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 3/4 pounds/800 g beef (stew meat cut into chunks)
- 8 ounces/250 ml tomatoes (canned, crushed)
- 2 cups/500 ml red wine
- 2 cups/500 ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- Rinse carrots thoroughly, rubbing off any dirt and debris. Trim off the carrot top. Chop carrots into small pieces (1/4-inch). It is not necessary to peel the carrots.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Pour a few tablespoons olive oil into a large pot or pressure cooker and heat on medium.
- While oil is heating, spread flour over a large dinner plate. Then, add beef, a few chunks at a time and coat with flour.
- Add the flour-coated beef to the pot and brown on all sides.
- Remove beef from pot and set aside.
- Saute the carrots, onions, and garlic in the same oil (adding a bit more oil if needed so vegetables do not stick).
- When onions turn transparent, stir in crushed tomatoes.
- Add browned meat back into the pan.
- Raise heat to high and add wine, water, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat. Simmer loosely covered for 90 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Stir occasionally, adding water if needed. Add the rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Once the meat is cooked, to thicken the broth, remove 1/2 cup of broth from the pot and place into a plastic cup with lid. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour. secure the lid, and shake until flour is absorbed and there are no lumps. Return mixture to warm stew, stirring until the broth thickens.
- Serve with boiled or home-fried potatoes.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Spanish Beef Stew Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- spanish recipe in spanish of sopapillas