Easy Simple Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Simple Turkey Meatloaf Recipe – I made this easy moist turkey meatloaf dish tonight and it was light, refreshing and tasted great. I did use GF breadcrumbs, added light onions and also added fresh basil to the top when it was done. Tasted great! Perfect! Most recipes (turkey or beef) call for adding chopped raw onions.
It never occurred to me how cooking the onions would affect the outcome. For the topping I used ketchup and two heaping table spoons of grey poupon with whole mustard seeds and a couple of dashes of tobacco sauce. One of the best meatloaf I have ever had! Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 50 Minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce, divided
Try this too: Easy Chili’s Nachos Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix turkey, egg, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl; shape into a loaf and put into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Spoon about half the tomato sauce over the loaf and continue baking until the meatloaf is no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Rest meatloaf 5 to 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- While the meatloaf rests, warm remaining tomato sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; serve with the sliced meatloaf.
Tip: Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Simple Turkey Meatloaf Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- italianb meatloaf trader joes
- trader joes meat loaf recipe