Today Recipes | Easy Shrimp Nacho Recipe – I found it to be very flavorful. Great and rather easy. Next time I would cut down on the chipotle, but that would be my only adjustment. If you were serving this with beers, then the heat would be perfect. Depends on your crowd and occasion. Would make again! Enjoy!
Easy Shrimp Nacho Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 12 Minutes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 8 oz tortilla chips
- 1-1½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 6-8 oz Monterrey Jack cheese
- ½ cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Fresh minced cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 and rub a 10-inch cast iron skillet with some oil. (You can also use a sheet pan instead of a skillet. You will want to rub the sheet pan with oil too, so that the cheese doesn’t stick to the pan.)
- In a bowl, combine shrimp with lime juice, honey, salt, and chipotle chili powder. Mix well and let it sit while preheating the pan.
- Heat up a cooking pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and quickly sear them on both sides until just done. Take shrimp out of the pan and set aside.
- Spread half the chips all over the skillet, evenly. Sprinkle some chipotle chili powder over the chips.
- Spread half the sliced jalapenos over the chips.
- Grate Monterrey Jack cheese and spread half the cheese over the chips. Spread half of the queso fresco crumbles over the grated cheese.
- Spread half of the shrimp over the cheeses.
- Repeat the layers with chips, chipotle chili powder, jalapenos, and cheeses.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle some fresh, minced cilantro over the cooked nachos. (You can also sprinkle some more queso fresco crumbles over the top.)
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Shrimp Nacho Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.