Today Recipes | Easy Sauteed Broccoli Recipe – I just prepared this broccoli to serve with my Shepard’s Pie, which hasn’t been accepted on this site yet. I paired this with my Pie because the sweet & spicy flavor really went well with it. My Pie has ketchup and mustard in the chicken mix, which has a slightly sweet & spicy flavor itself. This broccoli was fantastic to ME, yet the pre-teen daughters did NOT approve, guess they didn’t appreciate the sweet they said. Enjoy!
Easy Sauteed Broccoli Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons thinly sliced garlic cloves
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- Rinse broccoli. Cut off thick stem where it meets slender stalks, and reserve. With sharp paring knife separate stalks into florets, leaving stems about 1 1/2 inches long on each. Cut pieces in two lengthwise and lay flat-side down. Cut each piece lengthwise in two and repeat until you have 3-inch-long carved floret and stem pieces of approximately equal thickness (about 1/2-inch) top to bottom. Peel tough skin from stems, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch medallions. There should be 12 ounces of broccoli, about 7 cups. Set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds in large nonstick skillet over low heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to small bowl, and set aside.
- Place olive oil and garlic in skillet over low heat. Toast garlic, stirring frequently, until garlic is deep golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add pepper flakes to hot oil, and stir. Transfer to small bowl, and set aside. Toss broccoli, salt and 1/4 cup water in same skillet, cover and set over high heat. Cook until broccoli is tender, shaking pan and stirring once, 4 minutes. Uncover skillet (water should be gone), and toss. Stir in garlic and oil, oyster sauce and orange peel. Transfer to warm serving platter, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Sauteed Broccoli Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- baked salmon with broccoli and carrots