Today Recipes | Easy Salted Shrimp Recipe – Simple and delicious. Shrimp were beautiful with a wonderful flavor. I did not change a thing. Be prepared to pull out the shrimp when they are done and finish the sauce separately. Smaller shrimp may cook faster than required to finish off the sauce and it is critical to avoid over cooking the shrimp. Have the ingredients fully prepped, as in measured and combined where appropriate and not just putting containers out on the counter. Husband calls this one a keeper. Enjoy!
Easy Salted Shrimp Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 1 pound large shrimps
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers, stemmed and minced
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 salted egg yolks, mashed
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Trim tendrils of shrimps and wash under cold water. In a colander, drain very well (this is important as you don’t want a lot of liquid in the dish).
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat butter and oil. When butter begins to melt, Add shallots, garlic and chili peppers. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 1 minute or until limp and aromatic.
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk and bring to a simmer (Do NOT allows to boil as the milk will separate. Add salted egg yolks and continue to cook, mashing yolks with back of spoon, for about 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add sugar and season with salt to taste.
- Add shrimps and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimps changes color to pink and sauce thickens. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Tip: Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Salted Shrimp Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.