Easy Salmon Broccoli Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Salmon Broccoli Recipe – I’m always looking for new ways to serve fresh salmon and this recipe, pared with braised broccoli was the perfect fast dinner for a busy night. I had broccoli from the garden that needed to be eaten and the flavors melded wonderfully. I served it with quinoa and a fresh caprese tomato salad. Dinner was on the table in 30 minutes and wonderfully satisfying.
Giving the broccoli a head start lets it get nicely browned, which brings out its sweetness. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (La choy is gluten free)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
Try this too: Easy Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- In a small sauce pan with a lid bring the 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the rice, stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer until all liquid is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and carefully add two rows of lemon slices. Lay the salmon skin side down and let cook covered for five minutes.
- Remove lid and carefully flip salmon, cover and let cook another five minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- At this point you can remove the lemon slices from the pan if you wish. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the sauce and the broccoli, cover and let cook for 3 minutes.
- To assemble bowls add rice, salmon, broccoli, and spoon out additional sauce from the pan if you wish.
Tips: If you prefer a sweeter and orangery taste, prepare this dish with the zest and juice of 2 oranges.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Salmon Broccoli Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.