Easy Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipe – Broccoli and cauliflower take on a whole new identity when cooked with high heat and only a little olive oil and seasoning. This makes a tasty vegetarian meal when served with rice and a yogurt sauce, but I also like it as a side dish for grilled lamb chops or grilled shrimps. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 6 cups small, bite-size fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets, mixed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Try this too: Easy Low Carb Eggplant Recipe
- Preheat to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper; toss well to thoroughly coat all pieces.
- Coat a shallow baking pan (10x15x1-inch jelly roll pan) with cooking spray and arrange vegetables in single layer.
- Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly tender and beginning to brown but not burn.
- Stir all vegetables once during cooking time. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
This recipe also works for roasting Brussels sprouts. Replace the broccoli and cauliflower with 1½ to 1¾ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, brown ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed, then toss with olive oil, salt and black pepper (no garlic or red pepper). Increase roasting time to 25 to 30 minutes or until sprouts are tender inside and slightly crispy on the outside.
Another substitution idea: Sweet potatoes or any winter squash. Simply roast seasoned sweet potato wedges or winter squash halves for 30 to 50 minutes or until soft and fork-tender.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- cauliflower chicken recipie taste of home