Today Recipes | Easy Ree Drummond Meat Sauce Recipe with Ground Beef – This recipe is awesome! It’s easy and my family loves it. I can get about 6 bags of sauce out of one batch! I’ve made this once before and used the sauce for spaghetti, lasagna, baked ziti and stuffed shells. I learned to make spaghetti sauce from an Old Italian woman years ago and haven’t strayed much from what she taught me. It is a great meat sauce. Enjoy!
Easy Ree Drummond Meat Sauce Recipe with Ground Beef
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 1 Hour
- 3 pounds ground beef (I used ground round)
- 2 pounds sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine or stock (your choice)
- Two 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- One 24-ounce jar good store-bought marinara sauce (you can use another jar if you like the sauce to be more saucy than meaty)
- One 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- One 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley or 3 tablespoons parsley flakes, plus more for serving
- 1 whole rind from 1 wedge Parmesan, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, optional, plus more for serving
- 2 pounds spaghetti, cooked al dente and tossed with olive oil, for serving
- Garlic-cheese bread, for serving
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and sausage until totally browned. Remove the meat from the pot with a slotted spoon and put it into a bowl. Set aside.
- Discard any grease in the pot, but do not clean the pot. Drizzle in the olive oil. When it is heated, throw in the onions and bell peppers. Stir it around for 1 1/2 minutes, and then add the garlic. Stir and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in the wine and allow it to bubble up and reduce for about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, marinara sauce and tomato paste. Stir to combine, and then add the sugar, salt, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper if using and bay leaves. Stir, and then add the cooked ground beef and sausage and stir to combine. Place the lid on the pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add a little water or some low-sodium broth if it needs more liquid.
- After an hour, add the minced parsley and the Parmesan rind if using (or grated Parmesan if you prefer–or both!). Stir to combine, and then put the lid back on and allow it to simmer for another 30 minutes or so. Discard the bay leaves before serving.
- Serve a big bowl of oiled noodles and the meat sauce so guests can serve themselves. Top each serving with minced parsley and grated Parmesan (or Parmesan shavings) and serve with a big piece of garlic-cheese bread.
Note: This recipe can easily be halved! I just like to make a ton so I can freeze it.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Ree Drummond Meat Sauce Recipe with Ground Beef, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- meat sauce recipe with ground beef
- beef in meat sauce one serving
- ree drummond meat sauce recipe
- meat sauce recipes ground beef
- easy meat sauce recipe
- meat sauce recipe for ground beef
- ree drummond hamburger vegetable soup recipe
- ree drummond recipes
- beef with broccoli ree drummond
- ree drummond meat sauce recipe with rosemary