Today Recipes | Easy Ree Drummod Roll Pork Recipe – I lightly sautéed the onions in bacon grease, then put everything in to a crockpot and cooked on low prior to the meat was done. My son said this is a keeper, that’s rare (we’re both foodies and often be on the lookout for fabulous, negative but fabulous, recipes). I can certainly make this again but next occasion will cook inside a pressure cooker to check out the flavor infuse the meat. Enjoy!
Easy Ree Drummod Roll Pork Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 2 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 2 Granny Smith apples, small diced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup rum
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 4 large fresh sage leaves, chiffonade
- 1 pork loin roast, 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small saucepan over high heat, reduce apple cider until it has a syrupy consistency and there is about ¼ cup of liquid left. Turn off heat and whisk in beef broth, then set aside to cool.
- While apple cider is reducing, caramelize onions with butter in a large pan for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Add apples and dried cherries, turn off heat and add the rum. Place back on the heat and cook until almost all the rum has boiled off. Add bread crumbs and sage, stir and allow cooling.
- Butterfly the pork loin, then stuff by spreading cooled apple mixture flat on the entire surface of the pork. Make sure to leave about a ½-inch border without stuffing. Roll the roast into a jelly-roll shape, then tie it with butcher’s twine.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium-high heat. Brown the roast in canola oil on three sides for 3-5 minutes each, or until the roast is a nice golden brown.
- Place roast onto a pan with the unseared side down, and slide the whole pan into the oven. Roast 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 140-145°F. Remove roast from the pan and allow to rest.
- To make the jus, place the same fry pan back on medium-heat and deglaze with the apple cider mixture, making sure to scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Slice the roast and serve with a hearty portion of jus.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Ree Drummod Roll Pork Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.