Easy Rao’s Meatball Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Rao’s Meatball Recipe – These meatballs are the best. Don’t be afraid to mix in all that water. It is really okay. They are worth the money for the ingredients, especially the cheese. I used my own homemade breadcrumbs that were highly seasoned so I added no other seasonings. I also baked mine because I doubled the recipe. I baked them at 350 for 1/2 hour. I will be making their marinara sauce next (on the website). I used the Rao’s jar of marinara sauce and it was fabulous. Given the cost of tomatoes, the price for a jar of Rao’s is really not that bad. I was really shocked about how much the water made the difference in the mix. I also thinly sliced the meatballs and put a layer of them on top of the rigatoni pie made in the springform pan. You can followed every detail with the exception of the pork salt in the marinara replacing it with 4 pieces of thick cut bacon. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 1 Hour 10 Minutes
For the sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces salt pork, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 28-ounce cans imported Italian crushed tomatoes
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- ½ pound ground veal
- ½ pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, lightly smashed
- Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, then add the salt pork. Sauté until fat has rendered, about 5 minutes. Remove and discard salt pork. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté just until softened. Add tomatoes with their juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 45 minutes. Add the basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Make the meatballs: In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, veal and pork. Add the eggs, cheese, parsley and minced garlic, then salt and pepper as desired. Add the bread crumbs and mix well. Slowly add up to 2 cups water, 1/2 cup at a time, until the mixture is moist; all the water may not be needed. Shape into 1 1/2 -inch meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the smashed garlic and sauté until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes, then discard the garlic. Working in batches and taking care not to crowd the pan, add meatballs and fry until undersides are brown and slightly crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and brown the other sides, about 5 minutes more. Transfer cooked meatballs to paper towels to drain, then add to the marinara sauce. Mix gently and serve.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Rao’s Meatball Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- valerie bertinelli spicey meatballs
- lidias turkey meatloaf with mushroom sauce
- rao\s fried meatball recipe
- rao\s meatball recipe as seen on nbc
- today com/food meatballs