Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
Today Recipes | Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad – This recipe was great! Perfect as a vegetarian main or a side dish. Everyone loved it and leftovers the next day were still good. I didn’t have straight quinoa on hand so I subbed it for a quinoa/rice mixture I happened to have. Worked out great. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (small disk-shaped seeds)*
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed if canned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn (cut from about 2 large ears)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 pickled jalapeño chilies, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- For dressing
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- *available at specialty foods shops and natural foods stores
Try this too: Easy Thin Sliced Pork Chop Recipe
- In a bowl wash quinoa in at least 5 changes cold water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off most of water, until water runs clear and drain in a large fine sieve.
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water cook quinoa 10 minutes. Drain quinoa in sieve and rinse under cold water. Set sieve over a saucepan of boiling water (quinoa should not touch water) and steam quinoa, covered with a kitchen towel and lid, until fluffy and dry, about 10 minutes (check water level in kettle occasionally, adding water if necessary).
- While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool. Add beans, corn, bell pepper, jalapeños, and coriander and toss well.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, salt, and cumin and add oil in a stream, whisking.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well with salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.