Easy Pork Chop Apple Sauce Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Pork Chop Apple Sauce Recipe – This is the second time I made these pork chops. As others have noted, you can use anything for crumbs. This time I used 2 Italian rolls that were in my freezer. I used a whole but small bulb of garlic and twice the rosemary, as I had the time but no thyme. My 9 chops were fairly thick, so I fried those 3 at a time in a cast iron pan on 5-6 on my electric stove. Like others noted, it takes longer with thicker chops, and I kept them warm in a 300 degree oven and then the 2 of us ate the first-done and left the others in a 200 degree oven which will be our leftovers! Well, all I can say is, if you don’t love these, then you either don’t love pork with rosemary and garlic or you can’t follow directions!
They are simply delicious. For anyone who put the chops in milk with good intentions to make them then didn’t get to them until the next day, no worries! Last time I made this fabulous applesauce, my favorite ever, but this time I found I did not have any apples, so I heated a ripe mango with some grated, fresh ginger and a little cinnamon.
Yummy! I served with mashed sweet potatoes and string beans. Note that it is time-consuming to finish the 3 batches, so next time I will be sure to use cutlets or slice thicker ones into 2 as some did. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 apple – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 (1/2-inch thick) pork chops
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ground black pepper to taste
Try this too: Easy Sopapillas Cheesecake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and apple slices in the melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion and apple to a bowl.
- Place pork chops in the same skillet; cook over medium heat until pork chops are browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Mix applesauce, brown sugar, mustard, and cinnamon into onion and apple mixture.
- Place pork chops in a 9×9-inch baking dish; season with salt and black pepper. Spoon applesauce mixture over pork chops; cover dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork chops are no longer pink in the center, about 30 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Pork Chop Apple Sauce Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.