Today Recipes | Easy Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – I make homemade noodles all the time to put in the freezer. For that purpose you want to roll them out and let dry a couple of hours. Then I stack up a few and roll them into a tube and slice. Then dry overnight. Bag and they freeze wonderfully. I do not use this recipe, mine probably turn out dryer.
For this recipe I would assume at least an hour to dry. You would want them to be dry enough so they won’t all stick together in a big ball when you add them to the broth. I would add them a small handful at a time stirring constantly. Similar to when you make dumplings. Enjoy!
Easy Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 25 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 9 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (see note)
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (store bought or homemade recipe above)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- (optional) dash of poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- For the noodles: In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten egg, milk, and butter. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
- Separate and allow to air dry before cooking. For best results, let them air dry for a couple of hours but I’ve been in a rush and only let them dry 30 minutes and they were fine.
- For the soup: In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, celery, and carrots in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Pour in chicken broth and stir in noodles, basil, oregano, (optional) poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through. Serve Hot!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 408 Fat: 14.5g Saturated fat: 3.8g Carbohydrates: 39.9g Sugar: 2.8g Sodium: 154.3mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 32g Cholesterol: 72.3mg
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- panera chicken noodle soup recipe