Easy Panera Bread Autumn Squash Soup Recipe | I could not stand it another day, I needed to figure it out! Although I already posted a butternut squash soup there is much surprise, that one is reasonably different. It is additionally crazy delicious. And honestly, I’m a bit keen about it. Anyway, so far as I’m concerned, you simply can’t have enough delicious, healthy soup recipes as soon as the cold winds commence to blow.
This recipe actually started 2-3 weeks ago. Scott and I were running errands and decided to catch an easy lunch at our local Panera. It would have been a cloudy, cool day in addition to their fall soup sounded delicious. I merely wasn’t prepared for the way delicious. “My dear word.” I said when I tasted it. “This is wonderful!”
After on that day, I found a lot of excuses to arrive at Panera again. And again. There are many new seasonal items on their menu currently of year. Did I try everything else? Nope, I had been a vintage stick inside the mud, ordering exactly the same thing over and over. It could have been because was so intrigued while using delicious flavor and just couldn’t put my finger on which caused it to be so good. It’s creamy, silky smooth and rich in flavor. But the concepts the taste?
After the third or fourth visit, I could not stand it anymore. I desired to be able to make it myself, serve it to family, have fun with this with friends, present it in small pretty bowls for a get-together and heat up by it after bike rides on clear, cool autumn days. I knew I needed to figure it out!
Panera Bread Autumn Squash Soup Recipe
I went home and started googling, looking for some clues. I personally found several copycat recipes for Panera Autumn Squash Soup however, if I visited the Panera Bread website and read their description in the soup, the components of the puzzle started joining together:
An excellent blend of butternut squash and pumpkin simmered in vegetable broth with select ingredients including: honey, any fruit juice, cinnamon and a hint of curry, then finished sweet cream and topped with roasted and salted pumpkin seeds.
Cinnamon and a hint of curry? I wouldn’t have guessed curry but but I had been beginning to see what shows the soup that depth of flavor. Arrived to arrive at work.
I grabbed butternut squash and also a sugar pumpkin (see notes below for which kind of pumpkins are ideal for cooking and baking). I had devices I needed. The squash and pumpkin were simply halved, then roasted till soft and tender. After that, it’s was easy. It took a handful of tries to have it ideal but I realized it had been the amalgamation of curry and cinnamon, in control that made this soup so uniquely delicious.
I did add several of my own personal touches. I adore incorporating a lot of veggies at my soups to bump within the nutrition so, in addition to onions and garlic (the usually base for some soups), I added shallots and carrots combined with roasted butternut squash and pumpkin. The veggies and spices are simmered with chicken stock while the pumpkin and squash roast, then it is all totally blended till silk smooth and gorgeous. In my opinion Panera uses cream inside their soup, I merely add an important scoop of Greek yogurt to keep your calories down and add a delicious creaminess.
Panera tops their soup that has a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds. I sautéed pumpkin seeds with a bit of butter and also a sprinkle of paprika, curry and sea salt.
I enjoy adding a generous scoop these flavorful seeds when I serve my soup.
So these are it. I sure that I’m decently close to imitating the yummy Panera soup. I’m definitely sure this version will probably be repeated regularly you will come to The Café ;.It’s so satisfying, it all comes together within 1 hour, is ideal for home or work lunches, makes a tasteful appetizer soup or a lovely light dinner served with warm crusty bread and also a simple green salad.
For sale feeling that once you are probably trying this Copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup, it will be a frequent request in your home!
P.S. There are a few kitchenwares that I’d be challenged to live a life without. Well, I could beyond doubt, but they they make playing with the food prep much easier. Presents itself my list is my immersion blender. I adore this thing. It’s inexpensive and makes preparing a pot of soup similar to this so… basic and significantly less messy. It is additionally comes with an attachment for a compact chopper which also comes in super handy.
Panera Bread Autumn Squash Soup Ingredients
- 1 large butternut squash 2 1/2-3 pounds
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin* 2 1/2-3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet yellow onion peeled, halved and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces carrots
- ½ cup roughly chopped shallots
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt more to taste
- ½ cup Greek yogurt I use full fat
- ¼ freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- For the pumpkin seeds:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup pepitas or pumpkin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoons mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Panera Bread Autumn Squash Soup Directions
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a sheet pan will foil. Set aside.
- Cut squash and pumpkin in half. Scoop out seeds and stringy flesh. Drizzle a little coconut oil around the prepared sheet pan. Place, cut side down, on sheet pan and roast for 30-40 minutes until very tender. Remove from oven and aside till cool enough to handle.
- While squash and pumpkin are roasting, heat oil inside a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, carrots and shallots and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until slightly translucent and soft. Add minced garlic, curry and cinnamon and cook for an additional minute or until nice fragrant.
- Add broth, apple juice and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered around 20 minutes. Remove from heat and aside till squash and pumpkin are finished baking.
- When squash and pumpkin* are tender. (Pierce these a small thin-bladed knife to tell – it has to insert really easily.) Schedule till cool enough to take care of, then scoop out flesh and complement Dutch oven.
- Return mixture with a boil, then reduce with a simmer and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat and puree having an immersion blender or transfer mixture, in lots of batches to a frequent blender**. Puree until very smooth and silky. Add Greek yogurt and pepper and stir to combine.Taste and add more salt when asked (There are several veggies to season in this particular soup so don’t hesitate to add more salt if the flavors is bland.) Additionally you may wish to squeeze in a tablespoon or two of honey. My squash was very sweet and it also didn’t need any extra sweetness. The description on the Panera soup does include honey.
- Serve hot that has a generous scoop on the pumpkin seeds.
- To the pumpkin seeds, melt butter in a tiny sauté pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds and stir to coat. Sprinkle with paprika, curry powder and salt. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously, or until pepitas begin to change golden. Taste and add more salt, if needed. Remove from heat and aside to cool.
* Those big pumpkins you see at the pumpkin patch are perfect for jack-o’-lanterns but they’re not good for cooking. Their flesh is stringy, bland, and watery. Instead look for the smaller pumpkins with a smooth-textured flesh. They are sweet, flavorful and “meaty”. Look for pumpkins labeled “sugar pumpkins” or “pie pumpkins”. Some specific names are Baby Pam, Autumn Gold, Ghost Rider, New England Pie Pumpkin, Lumina (which are white), Cinderella, and Fairy Tale.
** If using a regular blender, be careful. The steam from hot liquids can create pressure and actually blow the lid off and make a huge mess, if the center insert is in place. To prevent this, remove the center insert and cover the opening with a folded towel. Alternatively, you can insert a narrow tip funnel into the opening and hold it in place. This will also allow the steam to escape.
Incoming another recipes :
- panera bread squash soup recipe
- copycat recipe for panera 10 vegetable soup
- panera bread soups today
- how to make panera 10 vegetable soup
- panera bread 10 vegetable soup copycat recipe
- panera 10 vegetable soup ingredients
- recipe for panera 10 vegetable soup
- copycat panera 10 vegetable soup
- panera 10 vegetable soup copycat recipe
- panera 10 veggie soup recipe