Today Recipes | Easy Pandan Waffle Recipe – I made my pandan waffles with this recipe, and it tasted so good! Since I didn’t have coconut milk, I substituted it with regular milk, and it tasted similar with the ones you buy at vietnamese bakeries, or in VN. Fyi: It’s okay if you don’t have enough pandan extract, just make sure you mix the flours and milk nicely, and the result would be just fine. This was my first time making these so yay! When you add regular milk instead of coconut milk, maybe that’s why it’s kind of runny, but it will come out fluffy and chewy. The thicker your batter is, the thicker and fluffier your waffles are. Enjoy!
Easy Pandan Waffle Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg, whites separated from the yolk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pandan extract
- Turn on your waffle iron.
- In one bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut milk, melted butter, egg yolk, and pandan extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently stir it inches Switch to a folding motion towards the end to incorporate all the flour. The batter will be a little lumpy and thick, but the important thing is not to overmix it.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg white into the batter.
- Now here comes the easy part. When the iron is hot, ladle some of the pandan waffle batter onto the grid. Close the lid and go get a plate and a fork. Breathe in that wonderful pandan aroma (but be careful not to stick your nose into the steam rising from the waffle maker!) Tell your tummy to stop growling already, because in a couple of minutes it’s going to be mighty happy.
- When the waffle maker signals that your pandan waffle is ready, lift it out with a fork onto your waiting plate. Put the fork down. Resist the urge to pick up the waffle and jam it into your mouth. Wait for it to cool a little. If you don’t, you’ll give yourself first-degree burns on your fingertips and that little piece of skin on the roof of your mouth will hang down and bother you for the next two days. Resist!
- Go back to step 4 and prep another waffle. There, that ought to be enough time now. Go for it. Forget the fork. Forget syrup. Just pick it up and devour to your heart’s content.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Pandan Waffle Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- easy pandan waffle recipe