Today Recipes | Easy Meatloaf Recipe Onion Soup – This is my favorite meatloaf. I’ve tried a zillion other recipes thinking that I should make a meatloaf that has a better pedigree than being from the back of a soup mix box. But the truth is this is the taste I like. I’ve tried others but I always come back to this one. Enjoy!
Easy Meatloaf Recipe Onion Soup
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 5 Hours
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (1.0-oz) packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 lbs. ground beef (I used 12% fat from Costco)
Cooking Instructions: (If wanting to freeze this, follow freezer instruction BEFORE cooking. This recipe makes 1 loaf)
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the eggs, milk, ketchup, breadcrumbs and dry soup mix packet with a spoon. Using clean hands add the beef and combine the wet egg mixture with the beef until just combined, don’t over mix it.
- Shape into a loaf shape in an oval slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Take a spoon and ladle out and discard the fat that is surrounding the meat loaf. Cut the meatloaf into slices being careful not to scratch the slow cooker with the knife.
- Write the date and cooking instructions on a zip lock bag. Mix loaf as directed above. Place the meat loaf mixture into a zip lock bag that has been set into a reusable foil pan. The pan is just to keep the meat in to a loaf shape while freezing. Squeeze all the air out of the bag. Place the meat loaf in the freezer (leave it in the tin). Freeze for up to a month.
To cook after being frozen
- Place the frozen meat loaf (still in the tin) in the refrigerator to thaw. About 36 hours is the perfect amount of time to thaw. Flip the meat loaf into the slow cooker, if you are careful it should stay in the correct shape. Cook as directed above.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Meatloaf Recipe Onion Soup, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- meat loaf recipes french onion soup
- today show meatloaf recipe
- knorr meatloaf onion soup recipes easy
- katie lee turkey meatloaf recipe
- easy meatloaf with onion soup mix