Today Recipes | Easy Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe – Followed the recipe as stated, it came out perfect! If you follow it exactly as specified it comes out a masterpiece. You don’t need to sweat the veggies or omit any, it will only make it dry. It needs the moisture as it cooks low, it will sweat into the meat. If you run into any issues it was because the veggies were not processed enough. You don’t have to purée them though either. 1 egg is perfect. Don’t change the oven temperature, it will make it dry, 325 is perfect. Of course you can adjust the seasoning anyway you like, but the method is spot on. I used a brand new oven and the cook time ranges between 45 – 60 minutes, no longer. It depends on if you used a mold or hand shaped it, depending on the shape it changes the cook times. If you’re consistent, so will the recipe be. Enjoy!
Easy Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
25 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and broken
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 18 ounces ground chuck
- 18 ounces ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme. Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture. Place this mixture into a large bowl. Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed. Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture. Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt. Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.
- Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf. Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray. Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf. Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.
- Combine the catsup, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and honey. Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- food network/pioneer woman recipe for today 03/22/19
- ground turkey meatloaf by lydia bastonich