Easy Lasagna Cottage Cheese Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Lasagna Cottage Cheese Recipe – So quick and easy. I made this for dinner last night and we loved it. Instead of using ground beef I made it with ground turkey and put in extra garlic, oregano, basil, and parsley. I also used a larger jar of spaghetti sauce since we like our lasagna with extra sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. When I make this again I will put in more cottage cheese because it seemed to be a little lacking and more mozzarella just because I like it that way! My friends loved it so much that he ate two servings of lasagna and we didn’t even miss the ricotta that I usually use in my lasagna. I will definitely be making this again.
That’s what i like best about Today Recipes – you can tinker with the recipes and it still comes out delish! This was a great recipe for a first timer! Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
35 Minutes 55 Minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Try this too: Easy Sweet French toast Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until brown. Add mushrooms and onions; sauté until onions are transparent. Stir in pasta sauce, and heat through.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan. Layer with uncooked lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and meat sauce. Continue layering until all ingredients is used, reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, and top with remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Lasagna Cottage Cheese Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- easy cottage cheese lasagna recipe