Easy Italian Meatloaf Recipe Mozzarella
Today Recipes | Easy Italian Meatloaf Recipe Mozzarella – This was the most successful meatloaf I have ever made. I wouldn’t say I could really tell there was cheese in it, but I think it helped the overall consistency. I made this with ground chicken, and didn’t have sausage but had some leftover turkey pepperoni hanging around, which I threw in, and added oregano, basil, and fennel seed for a sausage-like flavor. I used a mushroom/olive tomato sauce from a jar. I had frozen it and remembered too late that it needed to thaw, so I started it in the oven on the early side. It cooked uncovered for a very long time and still came out moist and flavorful, so I would imagine it’s pretty hard to mess up! I think I’ll be sticking with this one. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 50 Minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce, homemade or in the jar
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese, in about 1/4 inch pieces
- additional pasta sauce, for garnish
Try this too: Easy Breaded Eggplant Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg, breadcrumbs (I whir herbed dry stuffing mix in my food processor to make these), garlic, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce until well-mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the garnish), and mix together well (I do the whole thing in my sturdy KitchenAid mixer, which works quite well).
- Put into a large loaf pan, top/garnish with additional pasta sauce (I like a*lot* of sauce and so use about a half-cup, but three or four tablespoons would do, too), and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice, spaghetti, or scalloped potatoes.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Italian Meatloaf Recipe Mozzarella, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- jenny can cook recipes
- old fashioned meatloaf with crackers