Easy Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe – I made this turkey meatloaf barefoot contessa on Sunday (yesterday) for my cousin. He is a picky eater so I wasn’t sure what he would think, coupled by the fact that I have never made a meatloaf with turkey before made me nervous. This was a great recipe! Like everyone said it was very moist. I used Italian breadcrumbs instead of plain ones. I paired it with cabbage and mashed potatoes and my cousin cleaned his plate!! I will definitely make this again. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
25 Minutes 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1 3/4 pounds ground turkey, 97% lean
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Try this too: Easy Lasagna Recipe Cottage Cheese Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, broth, and 1 tablespoon ketchup; transfer mixture to a large bowl, and cool.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, egg white, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to mixture in bowl, and mix well. (Mixture will be very moist.)
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat lightly with cooking spray. Form the turkey mixture into a loaf, and place on the pan. Brush meatloaf evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup. Bake 1 hour or until thermometer inserted into center registers 170°. Let meatloaf stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Andrea’s wine pick: A smooth, plump-fruited California Merlot will stand up to the homey meatiness and richness of meatloaf. Try HRM Rex Goliath Merlot ($99)–you can call it “Rex” for short.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- lydia bostanovitch meatloaf
- meatloaf made with ground turkey recipe
- turkey meatloaf recipe canadian living
- simple turkey meatloaf recipe 5 ingredients
- easy turkey meatloaf
- Green Peppers mail
- ground turkey recipes canadian living
- salmon loaf recipe canadian living
- jennie o meatloaf recipes
- How to make turkey meatloaf without using tomato paste or ketchup