Today Recipes | Easy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe – This is a good, simple meal to prepare on a weeknight! For those of you wanting to give it a little more jazz, season the meat with chipolata seasoning and chili powder. I get a little aggressive on the seasoning side, but I have learned to give the meat that extra kick in order to get over the blandness and turn this into a good, Very easy to make & the family loves it. Enjoy! All you need with this wonderful recipe is a cold beer and a fresh fruit salad for a taste and temperature contrast.
Easy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can refried beans
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 8 corn tostadas (flat, hard taco shells)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, hot sauce and/or cilantro, for topping
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the beef and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, breaking up the meat, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and chili powder and cook, stirring, about 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in a small saucepan. Thin the sour cream with about 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
- Spread the beans on the tostadas, and then top with the beef and cheese. Drizzle with the sour cream. Top with lettuce, hot sauce and/or cilantro.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.