Today Recipes | Easy Fried Eggplant Parmesan Recipe – I bake the breaded eggplant slices on a cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes, flipping them once during the baking process. I let them get nicely golden brown before removing them from the oven. Once they have been baked, I proceed to layer them as instructed above. Despite what this article says, the flavor is great and it is a quicker and healthier way to prepare this dish. Enjoy!
Easy Fried Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 2 large eggplants (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dry, fine breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 8 ounces), divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 12 ounces), divided
- Slice and salt eggplant: Trim the stems from the eggplants and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. This should yield 16 to 18 slices. Lay the rounds out on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with the salt. Let the rounds sit for 1 hour. Meanwhile, set up the dredging station.
- Set up a dredging station: Combine the breadcrumbs and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Place the flour in second small bowl. Whisk the eggs in a third small bowl. Arrange the bowls assembly line style in this order: flour, egg, breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oven: Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F.
- Bread the eggplant: Rinse the salt from the eggplant slices and pat dry with paper towels. Dip each eggplant slice completely in the flour, followed by the egg, and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Place the breaded slices back on the rack.
- Fry the eggplant: Heat the oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Fry the slices 4 at a time (to avoid crowding the pan) until golden-brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Place each batch of cooked eggplant back on the rack.
- Layer the casserole: Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce into an 8×8-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer. Place 1/3 of the eggplant slices in an even layer on top of the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Top with 1 cup of the sauce in an even layer. Repeat these layers two more times with the remaining eggplant, mozzarella, and sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan.
- Bake: Bake until the eggplant is tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 35 minutes.
Make ahead: The eggplant can be salted and rinsed the night before, and then stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Fried Eggplant Parmesan Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- Easy Fried Eggplant
- today comm/food
- today eggplant recipes channel4 la
- fried eggplant parmesan
- today comm/food-egg plant recipes
- fried eggplant recipes parmesan
- fried eggplant lasagna recipe
- today show march 4 2019 eggplant recipe
- today show eggplant lasagna receipe
- today show eggplant receipe