Today Recipes | Easy Egg Drop Soup Recipe Authentic -The key to make the soup more flavorful is to get the soup into a boil and give it time to cook while using the ginger and green onion for not less than 10 minutes release a the flavour. That’s it. You do not even have to chop the ginger. Just add a full slice and you could fish against each other and discard it before you’ll serve the soup.
Before you go to include other ingredients, decline the heating to let the broth simmer gently. Whisk in cornstarch slurry to lightly thicken the broth. Then, slowly add the beaten eggs simply by using a fork to slow the flow. Permit eggs sits for moments, then use a pair of chopsticks to break them apart for your liking. Drizzle with many drops of sesame oil. You can maximum benefit comforting soup which has a silky texture and delicious eggs bits. Have the restaurant-style Chinese egg drop soup while using the minimum ingredients, within 15 minutes, and with no fuss. Enjoy!
Easy Egg Drop Soup Recipe Authentic
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 slice ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- (Optional) 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder, for the yellow color
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
How to alter egg drop soup
There are a few things you can do to make your daily soup taste a bit different.
- Add 1 to 2 chopped tomatoes at the beginning. (One of my mom’s favorites – it makes the soup refreshing and changes the taste.)
- You can add a handful vegetables, such as bok choy, spinach, mushrooms, or cucumber (sounds weird, but it works). But remember that less is more.
- Add corn and peas to make it a corn soup (and you can add ground chicken to make it richer).
- Add a few soaked dried shrimp at the beginning, to infuse more umami flavor to the soup. My mom uses this method with some chicken bouillon when we don’t have chicken stock at home. If you use chicken stock and dried shrimp, the soup will taste even better.
- Combine the chicken broth, the white part of the green onion and ginger in a small pot. Cook over high heat until brought to a boil. Turn to a low heat and let the soup reduce to a simmer.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Whisk until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Swirl into the soup and mix well with a spatula.
- To add eggs, hold a fork (or two chopsticks slightly apart) across the top of a small bowl, drizzle the egg mixture slowly through the gaps into the soup. Let the eggs set for a few seconds, then stir gently to break up the egg to the desired sized pieces.
- Drizzle sesame oil and sprinkle with the green part of the green onion.
- Serve warm.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Egg Drop Soup Recipe Authentic, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.