Today Recipes | Easy Crispy Potato Patties Recipe – Crispy Potato Patties are a classic side order, perfect to serve with everything else from meatloaf to roasted chicken. Or else you can serve them being a appetizer!
You should also make potatoes specifically for this recipe. Use dried potato flakes; there is a top quality product to create ideal mashed potatoes. Adhere to the package directions carefully. Out on the internet to cool the potatoes thoroughly prior to starting this recipe. Utilize other kind’s cheese with this recipe: grated Cheddar, Swiss, Muenster, or Havarti is good. Or try seasoning all of them with dried herbs, from thyme to marjoram to basil. For many more nutrition, you could possibly insert some mashed cauliflower or some finely shredded carrots. You can preserve these patties warm in a 250°F oven for approximately 20 to 30 minutes before serving when you like. They should stay crisp on the outside of and tender along the inside.
Serve these little patties with Moist Meatloaf, roast chicken, or grilled steak. I love to serve all of them with ketchup, or which includes a sauce made by combining mustard and mayonnaise or sour cream. We all love them, including small children.
Easy Crispy Potato Patties Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 2 cups cooled mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, beaten egg and onion in a medium bowl. Add the flour, cheese, salt and pepper and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter together until the butter melts and the mixture starts to sizzle.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the frying pan, patting it into 3-inch circles that are about 1/2″ thick. Cook the potato patties until the bottom is browned and crisp, which will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn each patty over with a spatula and cook the second side until it is brown and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes longer. Remove the patties from the pan and drain briefly on paper towels Serve the patties immediately with ketchup or salsa or any other sauce you’d like.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Crispy Potato Patties Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.