Today Recipes | Easy Chinese Coconut Shrimp Recipe – Soooo good! I did it with coconut rice and was like expected. I used coconut oil and coconut sugar instead of bc didn’t have what the recipe say and turned out delicious!!! Definitely I’d make it again. Hubby is crazy about this recipe now Enjoy!
Easy Chinese Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1lb medium or large shrimp
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 tsp salt
- corn starch
- Shell and devein shrimp. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry the shrimp with paper towel and season with salt
- In a measuring cup, combine and mix well the coconut cream, cream or milk, and vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and pan fry until both sides are golden brown. Around 2 minutes for each side. Splash some rum and cook the shrimp for another minute. Set aside the shrimp in the same pan
- In a separate pan, add the coconut cream mixture and cook over low heat. Add condensed milk and stir to mix
- When the coconut mixture starts to bubble, add additional sugar to taste. Let the mixture simmer for about 3 minutes until the liquid gets reduced by 1/3. Add some diluted corn starch to thicken the cream if necessary. Optionally, you can add Mayonnaise in place of corn starch to create a richer flavor
- Transfer the cream mixture to the shrimp. Turn on the heat and stir the shrimp to incorporate the coconut cream. Turn off the heat when the coconut mixture reaches the boiling point. Plate and serve the dish hot.
For less sweet shrimp, reduce the sweetened condensed milk. For sweeter shrimp, increase the sweetened condensed milk.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Chinese Coconut Shrimp Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.