Easy Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe
todayrecipes.us | Easy Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe – Pretty good stuff & easy. This soup was great. The only change I made was to add 1tbs butter to the pan before adding the flour. I topped it with cheddar cheese and sliced green onions. Mix the chili’s loaded baked potato cup with Wegmans Chili Recipe may be a good idea too. Insanely good soup and so easy! I seasoned it up a bit with simple spices in my cupboard, but the recipe is fabulous as is. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 1 Hour 30 Minutes
For the sauce
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium potatoes (about 2 cups chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake the potatoes or 1 hour or until done. When potatoes have cooked remove them from the oven to cool.
- As potatoes cool prepare soup by melting butter in a large saucepan, and sauté onion until light brown. Add the flour to the onions and stir to make a roux.
- Add stock, water, cornstarch, mashed potatoes, and spices to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out contents with a large spoon. Discard skin. Chop baked potato with a large knife to make chunks that are about 1/2-inch in size.
- Add chopped baked potato and half-and-half to the saucepan, bring soup back to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer the soup for another 15 minutes or until it is thick.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups of soup into a bowl and top with about a tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese, a half tablespoon of crumbled bacon and a teaspoon or so of chopped green onion. Repeat for remaining servings.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.