Today Recipes | Easy Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara Recipe – Delicious! We were craving Italian and this really hit the spot, the whole family loved it. I cut the recipe down to 1/4 to serve 2 adults and 4 kids, and used 2 Tbsp. flour to make a little bit heavier sauce, and it turned out fabulously. I have made this several times just as the recipe says accept I replaced the Romano cheese with mozzarella. I’m going to make this once a month from now
Easy Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic, plus 3 tsp, chopped, divided
- 3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips or large shrimp, peeled and deveined, or a combination
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tbsp bacon bits
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cup heavy cream
- 4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 box (14 oz each) long pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine, cooked according to the package directions
- 3 tbsp romano cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cup roasted red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- For the marinade: Whisk together extra virgin olive oil, hot water, Italian seasoning, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Add chicken and/or shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- For the sauce: Melt 1 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and 3 tablespoons bacon bits. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add flour, 1 cup parmesan cheese, heavy cream, milk, black pepper, and salt. Use a wire whisk to mix all of the ingredients together. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened.
- For the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- For the topping: Combine romano cheese, 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, panko bread crumbs, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter, and parsley in a mixing bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- For the chicken and/or shrimp: Preheat a large skillet. Remove chicken and/or shrimp from the marinade and discard any excess. Add chicken and/or shrimp, roasted red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup bacon bits to the pan. Saute until cooked on both sides and the internal temperatures reach 165 degrees F (73 degrees C) for chicken and 155 degrees F (68 degrees C) for shrimp. Add sauce and stir until well blended.
- To assemble: Place pasta on a large serving platter. Top with chicken and/or shrimp and sauce. Evenly sprinkle with topping. Place under the broiler until the top is golden brown.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- chicken and shrimp carbonara
- chicken shrimp carbonara recipe easy