Today Recipes | Easy Canned Salsa Recipes with Fresh Tomatoes – This looks really tasty! It definitely is, as tomato varieties now lack the acid that tomatoes used to have, and it’s not considered safe to can them without an acidifying agent such as bottled (not fresh) lemon juice. You could use vinegar or citric acid, but lemon juice tastes better and citric acid is not as easy to find as lemon juice is. This is similar to Easy Jamie Deen Chili Recipe I have used, which is really tasty with the lemon juice. Enjoy!
Easy Canned Salsa Recipes with Fresh Tomatoes
Preparation time Cook time
45 Minutes 2 Hours
- 30 -40 tomatoes
- 2 lbs onions (1/2 yellow, 1/2 red, I usually add 1-2 additional onions)
- 5 assorted red bell peppers, green bell peppers or 5 yellow bell peppers
- 3 -4 chili peppers
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers or 2 -3 other hot peppers like serrano peppers, habanera peppers etc
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro, to taste
- Wash all jars, lids etc in the dishwasher.
- Always wear gloves while preparing salsa!
- Prepare tomatoes by soaking tomatoes in boiling water for 2-3 minutes to split and loosen skins. Peel and chop all tomatoes, drain excess juices off in a strainer or colander before adding to extra large bowl. (I half or quarter the tomatoes, then process briefly in a food processor before draining off juices, I like the tomatoes kind of chunky).
- Dice or cube all onions and peppers into the same bowl. Add chopped cilantro. (I do all the onions, peppers and cilantro in a food processor – I keep them kind of chunky also).
- Once all the vegies are in the bowl, stir in the lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Taste to see if it is as hot as you would like it – if not add 1-2 more hot peppers tasting after each addition. Keep in mind as it sits for a while it will get a little bit hotter.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in large pot & simmer for 15 minutes. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Fill jars leaving about 3/4 inch at the top. Wipe off tops of the jars before putting lids on. Screw lids tight then turn back about 1/4 turn.
- Process in steam canner (not pressure cooker / steamer) or boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Cool jars.
- Before storing, test each jar to be sure it has sealed by pressing down on lid, it should not move.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Canned Salsa Recipes with Fresh Tomatoes, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- Canned Salsa -Batch 2
- easy canned salsa recipes with fresh tomatoes