Easy Buttermilk Belgian Waffle Recipe
todayrecipes.us | Easy Buttermilk Belgian Waffle Recipe – excellent- substituted veg. oil for the butter & added more vanilla- easy recipe….making this the new dinner for breakfast waffle recipe. I have a deep waffle maker been looking for a recipe that worked well with it-& this is it. These turned out lovely! Very full and fluffy and perfect! I followed Chef’s advice to make sure everything was room temperature and I imagine that helped too. I highly recommend this simple and delicious recipe! Enjoy
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil for waffle iron
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 firm-ripe large bananas, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
- sour cream or whipped cream
Try this too : Easy Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Put oven rack in middle position and put a large metal cooling rack directly on it. Preheat oven to 250°F and preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs in another bowl, then whisk into flour mixture until just combined.
- Brush hot waffle iron lightly with vegetable oil and pour a slightly rounded 1/2 cup of batter into each waffle mold (see cooks’ note, below). Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer as cooked to rack in oven to keep warm, keeping waffles in 1 layer to stay crisp. Make more waffles in same manner.
- While last batch is cooking, heat butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then add banana slices in 1 layer and cook until golden, about 1 minute per side. Remove from heat and add syrup to skillet.
- Spoon bananas over waffles, then drizzle with warm syrup before serving.
Cooks’ note: If using a regular waffle iron (not Belgian), batter will yield about 14 waffles using 1/3 cup per waffle.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Buttermilk Belgian Waffle Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.