Easy Buttermilk Belgian Waffle Recipe
todayrecipes.us | Easy Buttermilk Belgian Waffle Recipe – excellent- substituted veg. oil for the butter & added more vanilla- easy recipe….making this the new dinner for breakfast waffle recipe. I have a deep waffle maker been looking for a recipe that worked well with it-& this is it. These turned out lovely! Very full and fluffy and perfect! I followed Chef’s advice to make sure everything was room temperature and I imagine that helped too. I highly recommend this simple and delicious recipe! Enjoy
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil for waffle iron
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 firm-ripe large bananas, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
- sour cream or whipped cream
Try this too : Easy Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Put oven rack in middle position and put a large metal cooling rack directly on it. Preheat oven to 250°F and preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs in another bowl, then whisk into flour mixture until just combined.
- Brush hot waffle iron lightly with vegetable oil and pour a slightly rounded 1/2 cup of batter into each waffle mold (see cooks’ note, below). Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer as cooked to rack in oven to keep warm, keeping waffles in 1 layer to stay crisp. Make more waffles in same manner.
- While last batch is cooking, heat butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then add banana slices in 1 layer and cook until golden, about 1 minute per side. Remove from heat and add syrup to skillet.
- Spoon bananas over waffles, then drizzle with warm syrup before serving.
Cooks’ note: If using a regular waffle iron (not Belgian), batter will yield about 14 waffles using 1/3 cup per waffle.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Buttermilk Belgian Waffle Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.
Incoming another recipes :
- martha stewarts recipe for belgian waffles
- martha stewart belgian waffle recipe
- today show winning jambalaya